BEFORE I FALL - LAUREN OLIVER BOOK REVIEW

(Was uploaded to Ella Alicia blog but has since been updated)



Yassssss

Ok let's begin.
This book was amazing, buy it now. I finished the book 2 weeks ago and have been thinking about it since. The book is about a girl (Samantha Kingston) who ends up in a car crash, the next day she wakes up to the same day. This goes on for 7 days, indicated by the 7 chapters.

Characters
The character development was really good, I got to see the characters change from being very 2 dimensional to growing through the days.
Samantha: As the main character we see everything from her point of view. Normally I never like the main characters of books that much but she was my favourite character apart from her little sister Izzy of course.
Lindsey: This character completely reminded me of Alison from PLL. She is the kind of character that sometimes manipulates, however she is a very complicated and sad character. By the end of the book I felt really sad for her.
Kent: He is my bae. That's it ;))
Image result for before i fall

Plot
The plot is really good in my opinion, this is my favourite style of book. BUT... I didn't like the ending. I know it's Ella so of course, she didn't like the ending. The ending was written brilliantly but the ending was so abrupt that I just had to sit for a second and think about what just happened. It was a complete ending, I guess it was up for interpretation.

Movie
I am now slightly scared to watch the movie. I hope it will do justice to the book and they won't make drastic changes... I hope.
(Edited) I've now watched the movie and you will not be disappointed. It also has one of my favourite actresses in it. It has A LOT of changes but they are not all bad. I would definitely check it out (it's on Netflix).

Ratings - 5/5


The Book 
Hope you guys liked this review.
Lots of love Ella

WeHeartIt: ellacmich

Comments